Banana bread miniature loaves
I love mini loaf pans. This time of year when sweet breads are on my mind, usually to use up excess zucchini, those little pans are waist- and waste-savers. I like to leave two out (who am I kidding, we eat the first one before it has even cooled) and then pop the rest in the freezer. Wrapped well in plastic and again in aluminum, they last about three months.
This recipe is good. So good in fact that my boyfriend, who doesn't like bananas OR nuts in baked goods, scarfs it.
Banana Bread Minis
1 1/3 c AP flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp butter, room temperature
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 c mashed banana (very brown, approximately two bananas)
1/2 c chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease generously four mini loaf pans.
- Combine first four ingredients in large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar for three minutes on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time. Add dry ingredients slowly until you don't see any dry patches. Fold in bananas and nuts just until mixed.
- Pour 1 cup of the mixture into each pan. Pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out dry, remove them. If there is liquid on the toothpick put them back and watch them like a hawk checking every few minutes. There is nothing worse than dry banana bread and the only way to avoid that is to check them every few minutes with a toothpick.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes, then pop out of pan and cool completely. If you can stand it.